- hot tub
- nouna very large tub (large enough for more than one bather) filled with hot water
* * *noun: a large usually wooden tub filled with hot water in which bathers soak and usually socialize ; also : such a tub with a whirlpool device
* * *—hot-tubber, n. —hot-tubbing, n.a wooden tub, usually large enough to accommodate several persons, that is filled with hot aerated water and often equipped with a thermostat and whirlpool: used for recreation or physical therapy and often placed out of doors, as on a porch.[1970-75, Amer.]
* * *hot tub nounA large bath, esp outdoors, kept filled with hot water• • •Main Entry: ↑hot
* * *a deep round bath filled with hot water for people to relax in
* * *hot tub,a vat of hot water, for bathing as recreation or physical therapy, often in a group.
* * *n. a large tub filled with hot aerated water used for recreation or physical therapy
* * *noun, pl ⋯ tubs [count]: a large tub of hot water in which people sit to relax or spend time together
* * *ˈhot tub f23 [hot tub] nouna heated bath/ ↑bathtub, often outside, that several people can sit in together to relax
Useful english dictionary. 2012.